The primary concern of Ultratech Engineers is the personal safety and health of each and every employee. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illness is considered of such importance that itis given precedence over operating considerations whenever necessary. It is corporate policy to provide the resources necessary to ensure that personal safety and health related matters are maintained to the highest standard.
We operate a Safety Program, which is supported by management, supervisors and employees. The program encourages co-operation between the parties since it is through a co-operative effort that the company can achieve and maintain an enviable safety record. Every employee recognizes that the responsibility for health and safety is a shared responsibility.
Our Safety Program Includes
- The provision of physical safeguards.
- The provision of personal protective equipment.
- A regular program of inspection aimed at identifying and eliminating Unsafe working conditions and practices.
- The training of employees in safety procedures and in safe working Practices with emphasis on:
- Personal Conduct
- Safety Discipline
- Accident Reporting
- Personal Protection
- First Aid
- Attention to Tools and Equipment
- Compressed Gases and Fluids
- Crane and Forklift Operation
- Lifting and Handling of Materials
- Materials Storage
- Operation of Motor Vehicles and Accident Reporting
- Welding and Cutting
- Radiation Safety
- The continual development and refinement of safety and health rules.
- Ensuring the adherence to safety and health rules.
- The prompt investigation of every accident in order to avoid its recurrence.
- The continual development and refinement of working procedures to ensure safe working.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of equipment.